Sunday, August 9, 2009

Reflection and Rumination

So as this course draws to a close, here are a few thoughts on it all. For me, this has been the best course (of three) I've taken this summer by far, and certainly one that has left me seeing sooo much potential for how I can (and soon will) use it in my own classes. Many of the things that we were exposed to have some legitimate, worthwhile, maybe even necessary roles to fill in the modern day classroom. Most have stood up to the scrutiny of my guiding principals and proven their worth (although nearly constant re-evaluation is important, and something I'll have to add to my GP's).

The proof is in the pudding. I saw the creation of my final project components as some kind of lesson/unit preparation that also happened to be something I'm turning in for a grade in my WebTools class. I am very grateful for that. Thanks to Eric and my classmates for contributing and investing a little bit of themselves into what we've worked on together. Although it probably sounds corny and/or cliche to say this (frankly I don't care if it does, because I do sincerely mean it) , but.... it's not the end really, it's just the beginning. Tomorrow I'll wake up and start creating the class web pages and wiki(s) that I'll be adding my project parts to, and I'll do it all with a smile because I will enjoy setting the stage to my students' new "best year" ever. Oh ya,.. and I hope to see you on The Science Teacher's Hub Home, created by Marta.

No comments:

Post a Comment